Monday, January 31, 2011

Colour Combinations

Trying to decide between Green, Yellow, Ivory and Brown or Green, Blue, Ivory and Brown. At home, David is about ready to suffocate me with a pillow if I don’t stop talking about colours as though they are the most important thing in the world.

There is also the other colour combination I like of Burnt Orange, Yellow, Ivory and Brown but I have not yet mentioned it to David, I don’t know how he feels about Orange. Actually, I don’t know how I feel about Orange either.

Yesterday, I spent hours looking at different inspiration boards and it only served to make me *less* sure of what I want. Lots of weddings have done amazing things with different colour combinations.

It seems as though the most important thing is to stick to your palette after you have chosen it. Which makes it feel like a very important decision. When I first asked the girls to be Bridesmaids I told them they would all be in black, but now I think they will be in different shades of Brown. Latte and Chocolate depending on hair colour. I have not told them the plan has evolved yet! I might even have them in different colours depending on palette. With different bouquets.

In our house, the main colour combination is Green, Blue and Brown. This makes me think that colour combination is very “us”.

But at the moment it just doesn’t feel very bright.

3 comments:

  1. obviously there are many possibilities I would recomend soft not too outthere colours as then nothing else will clash, hope you dont mind me suggesting, please dont feel you have to take notice of me im giving some input as a mother (and of course MUTHERS know BEST)lolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they definately do! Its a good point. So do you think the Green, Blue, Ivory and Brown? Or maybe just Green, Ivory and Brown?

    So many pretty colours lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will need to see the palette to give an opinion

    ReplyDelete