Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Proposal Story

Email sent to Friends and Family:

Happy new year from Koh Samui in Thailand! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I just wanted to tell you David and I are now engaged!

It was absolutely amazing and so romantic and so perfect and I love my husband to be!

We went out to Poppies for their Gala Dinner - Poppies is the best restaurant on the island - and just before hand David was very quiet and seemed ashen faced and I was wondering what was wrong (I thought his tummy was upset!), then he looked at his watch and asked the waiter to take a photo of us, so we both pulled in for a photo - he looked at the photo and said "oh wait can you please take one more?" so the waiter stood back to take another one, and David pushed his chair back, and then pulled a box out of his pocket (I kind of started to twig on at this point) and then got down on one knee (I think the waiter was just as shocked as I was by now) and got this big cheeky grin on his face, and said "Will you marry me?" and I said "Yes of course!" and hugged him and he said "I love you" and then I jumped up and kissed him, and then the entire restaurant broke out in applause.

It was right on 9pm Koh Samui time - so MIDNIGHT Brisbane time, so after I said yes David said "Happy Australian New Year!"

My heart was hammering in my chest, so hard the whole time and then David was so happy and relieved (I could not believe how nervous he was lol). and it was mid way between the 2nd and third course, so I was so excited I could barely eat the rest of the meal!

Then we went and let off fireworks and lanterns on the beach!

Just an amazing start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment