Friday, February 11, 2011

Dress Shopping - Excursion 1 - Exploring Different Styles

Today’s announcement: the first day out looking at dresses will be March the 5th!

Just Me, Mum, Linell and Lauren if she wants to come :)

We will go to that place at Slacks Creek first (where Anne got her dress… Luv Bridal?) They were good because they just left us to it.

There was also the other place, called “After 5 Bridal and Formal” at 28 Compton Road that were very good and also left us to it. I don’t want anyone to get cranky at me for trying on too many.

We won’t try to fit too many different stores in on day one, it can get a bit under-whelming. I would like to try on a couple of each kind of dress: Ball Gown, Mermaid, A-Line, etc, to see what looks best on me.

I would like a sweetheart neckline at this point but will have a look at others.

I will start collecting and posting pictures of what I like over the weekend!

Also once I decide on the style I like (or even the exact dress if it’s a Maggies Sottero or other leading brand) to order from China, the company names Duosheng is supposed to be very, very good, I have read many of girls raving about them on Australian Brides Forum and Vogue and some other places, here is the website: http://www.duosheng.cn/fen/index1.html They are around $400 a pop for the highest quality (you can order Standard Quality, or Highest Quality and that changes the price).

They are based in China and are able to reproduce many designer brands and make any changes you ask for too (like changing a zip or button back to a corseted). They supply to a lot of the European Bridal stores. So we might want to get bridesmaid dresses from there too?

I am not going to order my dress until around 6 months before the wedding (so end of October/beginning of November).

I think bridesmaid dresses will be in emerald green?

YAY!!!



1 comment: