Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A fabric... "Doily"...?


I have been thinking that it would be nice to take some pretty nature themed fabric from Ikea and make some nice themed circle mats to go under the table centres at the reception. I was googling around and the only similar thing I can seem to come up with is a doily, but what I am thinking of is not a crocheted white thing from the 1800’s.

Somehow I will have to work out how to make a perfect circle.

We could use them at home too after the wedding, if I did a decent enough job at them.

Also, I guess at this point, I am assuming it will be white flowers in the table centres?

Anyhow I will explore fabric options tonight.

4 comments:

  1. David says "Thats good, I am glad you thought about fabrics because I certianly have not".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make a perfect circle from a large saucepan just trace a pattern onto paper and use it as your template

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a good idea! Or a vat or something, depending on the size we end up needing.

    I was looking at Ikeas fabrics and they don’t hit the spot so we will have to go out and look for some nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. linkraft and guardams have good choices for fabric also curtain wonderland may have some remnant fabric at a reasonable rate, guardams is in the city I think it is adelaide st or Ann it is a wedding focused shop unless it got flooded, Davids mother would very likely be familiar with it,

    ReplyDelete